PROTEIN POWDER in water is fine if you’re just looking to stack on muscle. But your daily shake can add so much more to your life.
This glass of awesome was created by Dezi Abeyta, RD, a Men’s Health nutrition advisor and the author of The Lose Your Gut Guide.
“Beyond muscle building, shakes are also a great way to get in nutrients that men are commonly deficient in—vitamin D, probiotics, calcium, fiber,” Abeyta says.
Here are just a few of the many benefits within just one of these shakes:
- One tablespoon of chia seeds has about 5 grams of stomach-filling fibre.
- One cup of milk has 25 percent of your daily recommended dose of immunity-aiding vitamin D.
- Icelandic yogurt is high in probiotics, which may help your gut health.
- Cauliflower is a surprisingly decent source of calcium.
- Not only does a cup of blueberries have about 4 grams of fiber, but it’s also a powerhouse of disease-fighting antioxidants.
This shake comes loaded with all of these benefits—and more.
But the best part? It’s delicious, so you never have to settle for a dull smoothie again.
The Creamy Blueberry Deluxe
What You’ll Need:
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup frozen cauliflower
1 (5.3 oz) container vanilla or blueberry Icelandic yogurt
1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
1 Tbsp chia seeds
Juice from 1 small lemon
1 cup 2% milk
How to Make It:
Toss everything into a blender and blend, adding more milk to thin, if needed.
Nutrition per shake: 651 calories, 66 grams (g) protein, 65g carbs (10g fiber), 15g fat
A version of this article originally appeared in the April 2022 issue of Men’s Health.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io